Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Girls and Sports

Because of my overly generous chest, this is me whenever I do anything that involves jogging, running, bouncing or jumping. It is necessary, sadly enough and trust me, this is not a good thing.

Hello, my name is Andrea and I am a multiple sports bra wearer.

The reason that I share this with you (because I realize this is an overshare) is due to a recent event.

Just this week in our ward/neighborhood started a weekly game of indoor soccer at the church. This is fantastic since all the guys play basketball in the morning and this is my opportunity to join in something athletic. I am slightly better at running into people and kicking a ball than I am making a basket. Also, I have really been wanting to get involved in something to help me become more active again. Mind you, I only ever did gymnastics and dance while growing up. Sports with balls are not my forte as was discussed in an earlier post, but I am ready to get going and learn how to play.

ENTER multiple sports bras. Yes, this is not the best look for anyone, and it is hard for me to breathe, however, it prevents pain. Once again, why am I sharing this?

During the course of the game I kind of took over the goalie position giving it my best attempt to stop the ball. One of the times that the ball came at me, I went to grab it and felt something give. Believe it or not, my bottom sports bra has a clasp and it had come undone...or broken, I wasn't sure at the time. So I called a teammate in to play for me and I had Todd walk outside the church with me to see if he could just do it up again or if I needed to walk home and change.

And wouldn't it be just my luck that the one door that was originally open had just been locked unbeknownst (is that a word?) to us. We were locked out because we had left and reclasped my bra. We pounded on the doors to try and get someone's attention, but nobody could hear us. We jumped up and down and waved our arms hoping that anybody would look toward the doors and see. We ended up jumping up and down (clasp stayed done up) for several minutes, until the next game was about to start. Finally someone looked toward us and saw us waving our arms to get his attention. So of course...he waved back.

We eventually were let in and got to play another game or two and overall it was a fun evening. I will definitely be participating again. I might even figure out the rules.

No comments: