Tuesday, February 24, 2009

List Kick

Lately I have been on a list kick. I used to make them all the time (and I am not just talking about the different lists of things to do every day). I figure that since I am on a kick, I might as well continue. Here is my list of things that I love about Spring:

10. The first day that you can drive around blaring music with the car windows down.

9. Opening all the windows in the house to air the mustiness of winter out.

8. The fact that it is transition weather. I love all transition weather...I guess I love most transitions.

7. All the dirty snow finally melts away.

6. Everyone finally takes down their Christmas lights that haven't been lit since New Years.

5. The promise of summer, swimming pools and wakeboarding.

4. The smell of fresh foliage and regrowth. Not so much the mink farms that are near our house.

3. Going on walks with Todd and not feeling like I'm freezing my bajijis off.

2. Laying in the sun that comes in through the windows and reading a book.

and the number 1 reason that I love spring is:

1. Pastel covered Peanut M&Ms emerge in every grocery store. Mmmm...pink Peanut M&Ms.

3 comments:

Denae said...

LOL.. you do know that the color doesn't affect the taste of the M&M at all.. You have an MBA so ofcourse you know that.. but I am sure you will give me some Aunesque reason for it and I will take it cause I love you!

Andrea said...

Aunesque is the coolest word I have ever heard. Can I trademark that? BTW, I am convinced that the visual and taste sensory systems have to be linked enough in order for it to affect the flavor. That is also my defense for not liking oysters. Those are pretty gross looking.

Tamaran said...

I'm going to totally have to disagree with Denae. I totally think the color matters! I love the valentines ones with pink, red and white. The Easter ones are wonderful too. I'm convinced both kinds taste better than the 'normal' ones.

And Aunesque is totally an awesome word!