Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Have You Ever Noticed...

HOW the people who work at an animal facility are usually the happiest people?

They say that people who own animals actually live a longer life. I would think that factors such as daily walks, petting (which is stress relieving) and unconditional love would play largely into this supposition. I would also think that these factors would continue over to those who work with animals.

Today I dropped Daisy off at doggie day care and the two women who run the shop just seem like the most "with it" and peaceful people I have ever met. I have had this thought every single time that I have talked with them. This led me to reflect on the vets and other animal care takers that I have dealt with. They are all happy, calm and peaceful people.

So here is my theory: People who work with animals don't do it for massive amounts of money. There really isn't a lot of money involved in these business ventures. Those who work with animals do it sheerly because they LOVE animals. They honestly and truly enjoy what they do in life.

It is when we love what we do that helps us to love who we are.

A simple principle, but one we often forget.

No comments: