Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Foster Parents

I know what you are thinking. We are crazy. Well, you are right. We have taken in a foster puppy. She is a 4 month old American Bulldog who has never had any training whatsoever. And when I say whatsoever, I totally mean it. She doesn't know what "no" means and continues to wag her tail and do whatever when I say no. She has no potty training and has already peed once on my carpet in the less than a day that we have had her and she is into everything...and need I add to the list the little bodily noises and smells that come out of both ends of her? I mean...we've already got Todd. We don't need additional odorous noises.

The reason we have her is because of a trade my brother-in-law made. He was given this puppy to sell. It's a pretty good trade considering that she is worth about $1200. Shocking, I know. Unfortunately, they live in an apartment. I originally thought it would be fun to have a puppy in the house, but now realize that Daisy was a puppy dream compared to Georgia (she didn't have a name, so I named her).

She wasn't taken care of very well, hence the lack of training. Also, she is such a little muscle and Bulldogs are usually pretty low on the body fat percentage, but the poor puppy's ribs are definitely overly pronounced. Also, she hates to be outside because she was left out in a kennel in the snow. I have never met a dog who hated the outdoors before and am at a loss on what to do about it. It certainly makes potty training her extra difficult. It's definitely going to be an interesting experience.

She does love to be around me, so it does make it easier to watch what she is doing. However, it also means that it took an inordinate amount of time to write this post.

Oh, and have I mentioned that the traits of Bulldogs are:
-Stubborn
-Dominant
-Fiercely loyal
-Full of energy
-Work dogs who require a lot of attention

I may have met my match, because although we have similar temperaments, we definitely have a lack of communication problem.

Anyway, here are a few pics of her...she is a cutie and also a pic of poor Daisy who is putting up with this intruder in her home.



4 comments:

Denae said...

Yes you are crazy!

Tamaran said...

Wow! I don't know if I could handle the dog pee! It reminds me of Rupert all over again. But she is very cute. Good luck (you're gonna need it!).

Andrea said...

Haha...Daisy looks mad. In all reality, the sun was in both dogs eyes during these pics.

Unknown said...

Georgia is very cute! Good luck with her!