Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring!


I know that the official first day of spring is technically not until next Friday, but I just couldn't wait. My friend Lisa and I went and glitter gel toes-ed ourselves. That's right...springtime pedicures.

This was actually the first time that I have had even a quasi-professional pedicure and although it was a school and so they were a bit on the casual side in their professionalism, I fairly enjoyed it. Too bad I will have hobbit feet in only a few days; one of my genetic curses. I guess that just means that I will need to budget this in on a more regular basis. *wink wink*

Because we decided to go to the MATC school to have it done, it was a very reasonable price. We got a pedicure and the gel toes for only $21+tip after we mentioned the phone book ad that promised us half off one of the services. Not bad for a gal on a very strict budget.

AND NOW...I am ready to for springtime sandals. I think shoe shopping will have to be our next "Lisa-is-kid-free day" activity.

3 comments:

GaRNiTuRe said...

Hi- you don't know me but I found your blog through a friend of a friend's-- I just opened a little hair clip shop & thought you might like to take a look!
www.garnitureclips.blogspot.com

Enjoy!

GaRNiTuRe said...

Hi-
I could do a feathered clip like this: http://www.shopintuition.com/store/p-36249-20.html?cat=accessories_hair
for $4 each (+ shipping). Let me know if you're interested!

GaRNiTuRe said...

I won't be able to get to my supplier until Monday to see what they have. I know I can do it, it's just a matter of price. I'm thinking it will probably be $10 including shipping because of the size of the peacock feathers. I would attach it to a regular 1.75" curl clip. You would need to tell me which side of your hair you plan on wearing it on (because the clip goes 1 way & I need to make sure I secure the feathers with the right side up, if that make sense). Let me know if you're interested!