Friday, January 2, 2009

Kailey's Bedroom

In a continuation of my last post, here are a few pics of Kailey's bedroom. I will admit that I am impressed that it turned out as well as it did. I was a bit worried when I painted a big sillouhette of a yellow flower on the back wall and it looked like poo. Well, not literally, but it was a letdown when it didn't match the vision in my head. Kailey's room was a hard one for me to design because she loves yellow and flowers, but I still wanted something a bit modern in there, even though that combination usually lends more towards a country feel.

At the last minute, we ended up coming up with a completely different design and spending the last 2 days straight redoing what we thought would have looked good. A bit of a stressor, but Kailey loved it and it matches her personality perfectly. We were extremely conscious about matching the rooms to the different personalities of the girls because they are so different in so many ways from clothing and style to temperaments.

Here's the final result:

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Dang Andrea...okay, so I am moving back in a year. Want to come do my rooms ;)

jet said...

Cute rooms! Now I know who to call... ;)

Unknown said...

I love the looks on all their faces when they saw their rooms! Awesome job you guys! I may have to copy the paint job of the yellow "frames" you did. I love love love that idea.