Friday, January 2, 2009

Blog-a-Palooza

Get ready for blog-a-palooza. I have spent a lot of time working on some projects and so admittedly my blogging has been somewhat lacking in the past month. Well get ready to catch up. I have got plenty of pics to show. This first blog is pics of the bedrooms that I have been working on. For Christmas we finally got around to decorating the kids' bedrooms, and boy was that a project. Seriously. I spent about a month working on the bedrooms. LOL...actually, I spent a good week and a half working on Jessica's bedding. We took a basic white eyelet bedding set with the bed skirt and all the pillows and dressed them up with two shades of pink costume satin. We sewed several layers of ruffles to create a "flamenco dancer" skirt effect. We painted the wall with a two-toned green wainscoat and did the top half in a light pink. Add a mini canopy and some sequined pink curtains and you have Jessica's personality. We still have a few things to put up on the walls, but you are definitely able to see the effect. It is bright, loud and pink...but not so pink that she looks too princess-ee...or whatever it was that she was worried about. Here are a few pics, unfortunately, Todd didn't think about the labor intensive ruffles that I feel really make the room, so I will have to post a pic of those later.

1 comment:

Tamaran said...

I LOVE THE ROOMS!! You did a rockin' awesome job! On all 3. I love their faces, too! Thanks for posting those also.