Thursday, October 2, 2008

Haaappy Birffday!

Whenever I hear those two words I am reminded of Gus-Gus from the Disney cartoon of Cinderella. I hear it in my head. He says it with such gusto that I have never seen equaled...until this year.

I know I am getting this post up a bit late, but I finally downloaded some pics onto my computer and as I was looking at them, I was reminded of how excited Jessica and Kailey were on their birthday. This was the first birthday that they had each had their own cake.

I won't claim that these were my finest cakes, in fact, they are extremely basic. All I had to incorporate was a tutu for Jessica and sunflowers for Kailey, and due to changed schedules, I was in a huge rush to make sure they got done. It didn't matter, though. I have never had a cake (or two cakes, rather) be so appreciated in my life...and for those of you who have seen the picture, last year I made a cake that was a replica of a Redskins helmet for Todd. All I got from him was a, "looks nice." Bah Humbug to him.

The sad part of this story is that our weekend was so crazy and mixed up between moving and a split weekend with the kids, that the girls didn't even get to eat their cake. Now what was a girl like me to do when the house was all empty and I was left with two cakes? Sadly, I threw them away...well, after a bite or two.

Anyway, I have posted a few pics of the cakes of the girls' expressions when they saw their cakes. We actually blindfolded them and sat them down before they could see their cakes. We even did it individually so that we could get a picture of each girl's expression. Enjoy!

Oh, and here's a quick hint if you didn't already know...click on the pic for a full-sized version and to actually be able to see the girls' faces.


2 comments:

Denae said...

awe... that is so cute. I am glad that things are going so well.

Tamaran said...

2 cakes. Not something I would have thought about...but should be thought about. Not only an awesome idea, but they turned out really well. Sad they didn't get to eat them because of the crazy schedule. Hope all is going well. Did you find a job? Thanks for blogging. I love getting the updates.