Sunday, October 12, 2008

Final Score 21-3

Snow is here, the air is brisk and pumpkins are out. I currently have five pumkins sitting on hay bales on my front porch ready for carving. The smell of baking pumpkin seeds and banana bread (not together) and wearing sweaters all speak of autumn to me. There is nothing that I enjoy more than a cold day outside and me all snuggled up in my blankets with a pink nose, a good book and a cup of hot chocolate.

To celebrate the changing season and Halloween we went to Frightmares at Lagoon on Friday night. Can I tell you how much I love Lagoon on a cold night? I think it must evoke some sort of childhood memory. Growing up we went to Lagoon once a year right before it closed for the winter. We packed a cooler and stayed all day and almost till it closed. It seems like many of the years that we went, we chose a rainy day. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but Lagoon on a cold, brisk day and staying late at night will always seem fantastic to me.


Also, this weekend, Todd and I attended the BYU v NMU football game. Now, I will be the first to say, that I am a fairweather friend of football in general. The closest I have come to football fan-dom was being a trainer during high school and a few flag football games in college (I played in these). So, when I hear that we are sitting at a football game during what is supposed to be a snowstorm, I wasn't very excited. I did take one for the team and bundle up, finding out that I couldn't bring my hot chocolate in with me after I got there, and sat through the entire game. Luckily, there was no snow, BYU won and we sat on the side where most of the wind was blocked. Oh, and did I mention that Todd dyed his hair and eyebrows blue? All those factors made for a pretty OK experience. Now Todd will keep me, and keep hoping that someday we will attend a Redskins football game. For that...hmm...I am thinking he gets to come to Shakespeare. I think I just heard Todd mentally groan.

No comments: