Saturday, September 27, 2008

Timpooneke


OK, here are a few pics from this latest camping trip. As you can see, we went for a few artsy fartsy photos. I have mainly black and white photos up here, but we also got some great leaves-changing-color photos as well.

We went up American Fork Canyon to a campground called Timpooneke. I looked up places online and thought the name was great, so we gave it a try. It was clear up the mountain near the top of the Alpine Loop so the leaves were all changing colors and beautiful.

Being that this was just a short trip, we thought that packing would be quick and easy and so didn't go through the usual list-making process. Not so true, as Murphy's Law would dictate. We forgot pancake mix, kindling, lighter fluid, we didn't get up there very early and almost didn't get a campsite, etc. That'll teach me not to plan better. We should never forget pancake mix when going camping. I mean, that is the food of campers everywhere. Trust me, that will never happen again. Next time we just will forget the matches or something like that.

As it was, we had a blast this last time just being in nature. Jessica had a bit too much fun with the fire soot and worked her way up to a completely black face covered in ash. Fantastic for photos, not so much for cleaning. We had to wash her off in the freezing water and warm her up in the sun. The pictures were totally worth it, though.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Andrea...you always have amazing pictures.

Unknown said...

I love Timpanookie. I was at the top of Timp just two weekends ago. Those pictures are absolutely terrific! I loved Jessica's picture. That will be one she loves for years to come.

Tamaran said...

Great job with the photos. I especially like the bottom right one. The picture of Jessica made me laugh. Can't imagine how hard that would be to clean up...especially with cold water.