Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to Real Life

OK, so I never left real life, however, now it is finally possible for Todd and I to get into a groove. All the families have been moved, the wedding is over, everyone is back to work...well, today IS Labor Day... and the job hunt has been continued (now with more fervor). There are a few prospects in the job hunt, so we will have to see what happens.

Also, I am working on finally getting the house decorated, instead of just having furniture arranged. I have some excellent ideas for the travel room and that huge wall where the stairs are. I am actually quite excited about a few of the ideas, but they are top secret until they are finished...then I will post a pic. Soon it will really start feeling like home.

Along those lines, Todd and I have finally started having time to do things like invite neighbors over for dinner and experiment with some of the wedding gifts. We had a great couple over the other night who didn't mind that I burned the green beans (thus the reason Todd usually does all the cooking) and that it was our first attempt at making ice cream. They just helped finish up making dinner and we had a blast chatting. The husband was someone who Todd had met through early morning basketball and we laughed about all their basketball escapades. All I have to say about that is that church ball scares me.

There are a bunch of guys and a couple girls that get together Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings at 5:30 in the "a of m." Seriously, I don't know if I would be willing to do it, however, for those of you who noticed...that was the reason for Todd's recent loss of his "bowl-full-of-jelly" belly. Now I have to do something to be able to keep up with him in the never-ending battle against the bulge. Any ideas? This is always such a difficult thing for me. Alas, I may be condemned to never fully rid myself of my overly round face and perpetual double chin. Sigh.

Speaking of such things reminds me that I have to take the dog for a run now. Well, I will ride my bike. She's too fast for me.

3 comments:

Denae said...

awe cute.. you are a little wifey now making dinner for the neighbors.

I am happy for you

Becky said...

I read that you recently made ice cream. I am assuming that you used your new ice cream maker. I will let my Mom know that her wedding present is well used.

Tamaran said...

Memories (carry over from my blog):
You calling Boone completely hysterical when Norton left you.
Or you calling Boone and asking if we had gotten transfer calls yet. When I said no you hung up. Needless to say, you called back about 1/2 hour later. Having you as a comp was the only way I would have gone back to Gastonia. How about penny tips. I'm sorry. It was funny at the time, but I didn't realize how inconvenient it would be to gather up so much change from the table you were waiting.
Good times. Love ya and congrats. We are so happy for you both.