Friday, September 28, 2007

Orange Juice and Chicken Soup for Me

I absolutely love the change from summer to fall. The air cools and becomes all crisp, the leaves start to change, and blankets are added to beds. Yes, there are many great things about fall. However, where I live, this change is very dramatic. One day the temperature will be in the eighties and the next in the 50s. That is why at this time every year I get sick. My body is used to one thing and all of the sudden it is disrupted and has to re-acclimatize (sometimes multiple times as our weather is so unpredictable). It does horrible things to my immune system and I am likely to catch whatever horrible disease that is going around at the moment. This year it seems to be some sort of bacterial infection. All my nephews have had it...thus I am sick. I am, however, thankful that I have an immunity to strep throat. My brother-in-law had that one. Anyway, I am stuck at home with all sorts of symptoms and am not able to enjoy the crispness of the newly cooler fall weather. This is a tragedy to me. Not only have I missed work and school, but I have also missed being outside during one of my favorite times of the year. I love to play in the leaves and bonfire in the cold night; barn dances and getting my Halloween costume ready; hot chocolate with big warm comforters and fires in the fireplaces. Instead, I am sitting here...drinking orange juice.

No comments: