Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Austin

Yesterday was Austin's birthday, which amazingly fell on one of our visitation days. It is not often that we have the kids on their birthdays, even when we are scheduled to have them. So even though part of our weekend got traded away, we were excited to have Austin on the day. He and Todd went to the Nickelcade (owned by Becky Muir-now-Bradford's family) and spent some time there and then back to my parents' house for presents and cake.

It was hard to get Austin to give me any ideas for presents, so I kept telling him that I was going to buy him underpants for his birthday if he didn't give me any ideas. So (I think I'm so funny), we wrapped some new underwear and gave them to him first, while keeping the other gifts hidden. Don't worry, we were quick enough to get him his other gifts so that he wasn't devastated, but it sure was funny when he opened that first gift.

ALSO, Jenny made a fabulous cake. It totally looked like a real baseball cap. The brim was made of fondant (that part was me) and Jenny used her round cake pan to create the rest. It turned out very cute.


Next up is Todd's birthday weekend this weekend. The only pro about the kids' weekend being partially traded, is that it means that we get them this Sunday, for Todd's celebration. I'm not certain of the last time that the kids were allowed to come to Todd's birthday, so we're stoked that they get to be involved this year...stay tuned find out what great present we got him.




No comments: