Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fam Pics

Recently, Todd's mother informed us that her side of the family is putting together a book that will give a short history of each family member and their families. This meant that Todd had to write his history and include a family picture for the book.

He did a fantastic job of writing up his history and I felt that this would be a great time to get some non-wedding family photos...possibly one to go in the extremely awkward sized frame that fits perfectly above the antique upright piano in our entry area. (I have very slowly proceeded to decorating that area of the house and Todd's and my bedroom.)We enlisted our friend, Lisa, to take the shots and allowed ourselves a very small window of time between activities and crazy/insane weather. We always have so much to do on the weekends we have the kids to make up for lost time, so I have to thank Lisa for working with us during that very specific time. Luckily, I had already planned out where we were shooting and kind of the poses we wanted. I think we ended up with some great shots, even though we chose a bad time of day for lighting.

Here are the pics that we are giving Todd's mother to display in her home and above the piano, respectively. The one above the piano is also the pic that I included on Todd's history, but without the added "frame".

Click the pic for a better view. Also, the computer screen surely does not do the pic above the piano justice. It turned out really cool. I have to admit that I impressed myself with my photoshop skills.






This last pic is just my favorite picture of the day. I don't know if it is the composition, depth of field, bright contrasting colors, or just the look of sheer joy on both of the girls faces. I just LOVE it.


5 comments:

Melissa said...

These are really great photos...

Tamaran said...

Very cute pics. I love the all of them and am impressed by your photoshop skills. What size did you make the photoshopped pic that is above the piano?

Andrea said...

16x28

Tamaran said...

Awesome. I would like to see a picture of the picture. Frame, piano and all. It sounds like it turned out beautiful. I really like the whole picture. I love that everyone is looking through the wheat. Positioning was good. The sun was fine. The effects just add to it. GOOD JOB, AUN-GOOD JOB!

Andrea said...

You are welcome to come down anytime that I am in town.