Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Engaged

Ok, so I am officially engaged. For you five I will share all the details.

Todd and I have been dating for about a year. Most of that time we were classified as friends...but we were dating. We met at a random waffle party at a mutual friend's house in the middle of the night. He told me I was pretty. I thought he was a creepy old man. Later we chatted, amidst others' interference. Turns out he wasn't creepy. Just old. Well, ok, just 7 years older than me. Once we had the opportunity to chat we became fast friends. He used to be a loner. I broke him of that habit. He tells me thanks for that. Now he always uses the word "we".

Todd has three kids, twin girls that are 10 and a boy who is 8, and an ex-wife who he is still good friends with. He used them against me. They are so blasted great. How could I not let my guard down? The kids are excited to call me their step-mom. That sounds so weird.

He also used his kids to propose. We had discussed marriage a lot, but hadn't let the kids in on it. We didn't want them to be devastated if it didn't work out. We decided when we bought a house that it would be a good time to tell them. We took them to the house, let them pick which bedrooms they wanted and while they were standing in their own rooms, we told them that those really were their rooms. I cannot even describe their excitement. Then they asked where my room was, or the guest room, rather. Todd handed his son the ring and asked him to give it to me. The girls saw what it was and asked if we were getting married. Todd said, well, why don't you ask her? I said yes. The kids said, "Andrea, this is the best day of my life." Todd just smiled.

The official date is August 16th in the early afternoon. Hold the date. All five of you are invited. Leave me a comment with your address. You'll get an invite.

2 comments:

Pughs said...

Hello! You could call and tell me this kind of news!!! I definately want an invite, but I believe that you have my address. So let me know if you don't! Oh and BTW CONGRATS!!!

Tamaran said...

What the dirty! I don't check your blog for a little while and... WOW! CONGRATS! I agree with Deb. This is the kind of news you call about!
765 S 500 E #8 84102