Wednesday, August 29, 2007

MMMMMM.....BOY!

"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular Heaven or Pie Heaven, choose Pie Heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy."

~Jack Handy~



I'm pretty sure that pie is the closest thing to Heaven. Of course, pie is a major deal in my life. Pie is second only to ice cream on my list of all-time favorite foods. And if the pie is ala mode? *sigh* I know that everybody claims that their mom makes the best pie, but I am willing to take you all on when I say that MY mom makes the best pie. The secret is the crust. Hers is so light and flaky that I can eat the crust without filling. The only other crust I can eat like that is graham cracker crust. On top of this amazing crust that my mom makes, she makes and cans her own filling. Sweet apples mixed with cherries. There is nothing better. In fact, my brother used to ask for his very own pie for his birthday every year. He didn't want to have to share. A friend of the family drives up from Arizona just to eat my mom's pie. It is THAT good. That is why one of my life goals is to be able to replicate my mom's pie crust. Once you have the crust down everything else is easy. Right?

Now, a friend decided to have the most amazing party in the world. It is a pie party. I am so excited for it that I can barely eat in anticipation of all the glorious pie. I have decided to take advantage of this great opportunity to make my own pie crust (well, after my mom said she wouldn't do it for me). I will admit that I am scared. I don't want it to turn out badly. I guess it will be the true test to let others eat my pie crust. If it doesn't work out I will just have to hide it among the other pies and not claim it.

So...here's to many pie making adventure and the wonderful, most inspired pie party.

1 comment:

Denae said...

I love it ... I love the whole thing... can't wait to taste the pie!