Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Why am I so overwhelmed?


Yup. This pic pretty much sums up how I've been feeling lately.

I'll be honest, I have no idea why I feel so overwhelmed these days. I could blame it on the fact that I am working, but that never used to be an issue for me. It does seem like there are many people pulling me in many different directions (though not overly much, so that isn't a good excuse), plus work literally gives me a headache everyday. I blame the headaches on the cheap headphones that we have to wear, which put pressure on my head all day.

I don't think that it helps that I am feeling so unorganized. That is actually something that I can control, and I love to organize, it just seems that I am never able to keep it that way. Plus, there is definitely an added level of difficulty being married to someone who prefers chaos to my over-organized ways.

I've slowly been working at getting my church calling a little more organized. It helps that there are now three adults to 6-7 girls for Activity Days. Now, if only I could get my house in order. It seems that every time I finally start making some headway, something happens to mess up what I am doing. I am going to have to go back to putting all of my clothes out for the next day, carrying my large homemade planner (it is actually very cool and very fitting for my needs) and planning my meals a week at a time.

After I get organized, again, I can definitely start focusing on all my other goals that seem so far away at this moment...oh, and the perpetual list of things to do around the house.

If anyone reads this post (haha...that's the big if) and has any great ideas to help me out with this, please, do tell. Heck, right now, even this post is a big jumble.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I think we naturally go through phases like that. I often find myself overwhelmed for no good reason and then eventually I wonder why I was overwhelmed :) Just give yourself a break... :)

Tamaran said...

I've got to agree with the previous comment. If you do find any huge major tips, please pass them on. I felt like I was on top of everything last week, but think I may just be starting on a down swing. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I seem to have the most time on Sundays so I force myself to do my meal planning that day. I don't like to "catch up" on things I'm behind on because I think Sunday really should be a break from all that but I sit down and plan my meals for the entire month. That way I only have to do it once, and then I look at my calendar at the beginning of the week, make my grocery list from it and I'm done. It has completely saved me tons of time and $ since I'm not going to the store as much. Plus it doesn't loom over me each day wondering what's for dinner and do I have everything?