Wednesday, December 23, 2009

He Called Me Fat...

Seriously. He really did. This man was mad, so he got up in my face and told me to lose weight.

Who does that?

And of course, I am reminded about the conversation/email between Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan in "You've Got Mail," where Meg Ryan discusses her inability to think of the right mean thing to say at the right time. I, also, never think of the right mean thing to say. Is this a blessing? I don't know. But at this moment, at this time, with this man's sneering and hateful face, I couldn't think of the most obvious and elementary retort.

"I'd rather be fat than ugly. At least I can go on a diet."

You may laugh, but sadly, it was amazingly applicable. All of my life I have waited to say something that silly in the face of anger...and I missed my chance.

2 comments:

jet said...

Boo. That is crazy. :(

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me???? I can't believe someone would say something like that!!!