Sunday, August 30, 2009

Kailey and Jessica Turn 12!

The girls are now officially turning 12! Their birthday is actually on Tuesday, but we had our little party for them this past weekend. I was pretty excited about their cakes. My sister and I decided that our desire for great cakes on our birthdays stems from our mom always making a special cake on our own birthdays. Cakes are an important part of birthdays.

I actually started looking for cakes a couple months ago and then discussed them with my sis. I knew I would have more time to make them, as opposed to last year's forced rush...don't even get me started on that one...

So...here are the cakes that I made for the girls. And by made, I mean Jenny did the majority of the work, I did a little bit of fondant and icing, held a crying baby and made some mac and cheese for my nephews. I think they turned out great!

Kailey's cake is Twilight themed because of her Twilight obsession and Jessica's is just fun and girly, just like Jessica.

Thanks to everyone who came for cake and ice cream. It really means a lot to the girls and helps them feel at home in Lehi. That and two cakes is too much to eat...even for me.



3 comments:

Tamaran said...

I love how the cakes turned out. Totally awesome! Jenny's craftiness amazes me. Does she still do the amazing, all out halloween costumes for the boys?

Andrea said...

Of course she does! And now that she has a girl she is very excited. I think next year she is planning on having all the kids be characters from Mario Bros. with Shaylee as the princess.

She also makes cakes for people for a really good price. She has some pics posted on facebook. These ones were really my idea/creation and her baking skills, but she is pretty amazing at that sort of stuff. You should see the boob cake she made for someone's bachelor party.

DaNette said...

Those cakes are awesome!