Monday, August 17, 2009

Growing Pains

I may get in trouble for this one, but I find it hilarious.

As most of you know, the girls are fraternal twins and will turn 12 in a couple of weeks. Kailey is not so excited about the whole growing up process, but Jessica is 11 going on 17. Ironically they are maturing very differently. Kailey is ahead in the whole process and Jessica is feeling left behind. In fact, she is obsessed with her, shall we say, lack of chest.

Recently, I told her that the way to grow better was to eat plenty of vegetables and drink plenty of milk. I teased her saying that it would also make her chest grow.

This last visit I realized how seriously she had taken me when she very proudly told me that she is drinking all the milk that she can and eating plenty of vegetables. I will admit, that I am taking advantage of the situation. Now when she tries to drink caffeinated drinks (we won't let her) we just tell her that it will stop her from growing. It is actually very effective.

She did ask me why I was allowed to drink Dr. Pepper (my weakness) and she isn't. That was an easy response. I told her it was because I actually want my chest to shrink.

3 comments:

Meagen Ridley said...

Ha ha! I love this story!

Tamaran said...

Maybe I need to take up Dr. Pepper too!! Thanks for the morning laugh.

Unknown said...

NICE!!