Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hope of America Program

The Hope of America program is put on by all of the elementary schools in Utah county. I remember being in it when I was little. Now that the kids live in Payson, they got to participate in this year, as well. Here are just a few shots from the evening.

The kids are in the yellow shirts on the bottom left-hand side of the flag.

The whole program is designed to help children realize what their responsibilities as Americans are. Here is one of the songs that they sing about voting. There was also a song about the Declaration of Independence that I thought was pretty cool.




I couldn't resist posting this last video. One of the dance groups was a group of women aged 50+, with the oldest woman being 92. They danced a fun line dance number and ended with a solo by the oldest woman. All I can say is...wow. I mean, she ends in the splits! When I grow up I want to be just like her.

No comments: