Monday, June 20, 2011

It Only Took 3 Years, but...

I finally painted my front door red. It really pops now, and somewhat differentiates my house from the others in the neighborhood, well, except the house next door, which is also a red door home. Sigh...cookie cutter homes definitely have pros and cons.

We also cleaned out the front planter box and mulched. The previous owner had used river rock as landscape and failed to use weed blocker underneath, so we had to uncover layers of rocks that had worked their way down into the soil. This is not a feat for the light of heart.

All the rocks, you ask? They are now in the large firepit, ah, I mean trampoline pit. No more lighting entire standing Christmas trees on fire. The fire dept. will be ecstatic to learn of this. We are slowly getting the yard in shape. Now a sprinkler system to fix and we will have the basics done. I can't wait to actually start adding color and character to my yard.

No comments: