Monday, February 28, 2011

November Birthdays

Bad boys get underpants for their birthday. I bet you didn't know that. It was the theme of the month.


Todd is very happy because the top layer of his cake is not actually cake. It was a box made out of a Hershey bar and filled with hard candies. For a non-cake lover (yes, they do exist), this is the best kind of Birthday.


The candy cake, courtesy of Jenny. Usually we collaborate quite a bit more, but this one was all Jenny. Very creative and fitting. Oh, and notice the candles, that was me, not her. However, there is one candle-less hole in the cake. That happened after Todd's mom informed us that he was not actually turning 39...just 38. Apparently we had gotten a little ahead of ourselves without doing the math. On the bright side, I have an additional year to plan the big 4-0. Wow. Did I really marry someone that old?


Austin's 11th birthday and his football field birthday cake. Cake themes are easy when there are so many sporting themes to choose from.


And yes, bad boys get underpants for their birthday, just like I told Austin many times in the month leading up to his birthday. Second year in a row. Luckily, we brought out the additional presents afterward.


Thank you Benders for the random pic, which I found after downloading my photos a few months later. I laughed heartily upon finding it. I'm sure that Daisy has previously never had so many people in her kennel at once.

No comments: