Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Few Quotes...

From the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. I personally, have never really been excited about fantasy/sci-fi books, however I do find that I enjoy the philosophical side of several of the series I have read recently. Another series I enjoyed was the Incantations of Immortals series by Piers Anthony.

AND of course we all know how much I LOVE quotes, so here are a few quotes I found particularly poignant:

"Charity, if you have the means, is a personal choice, but charity which is expected or compelled is simply a polite word for slavery."

"The sun has already set on the days we made those choices. We must concentrate on what we can do tomorrow; we can't relive yesterday."

"Fate does not always seek our consent."


"Wrong doing must be punished. If not, it will proliferate until anarchy wears the robes of tolerance and understanding."

"Love is a passion for life shared with another person. You fall in love with a person who you think is wonderful. It's your deepest appreciation of the value of that individual, and that individual is a reflection of what you value most in life. Love, for sound reasons, can be one of life's greatest rewards."

"We reap a reward merely in the act of helping others. We never know how, or if, that reward will come back to us. Helping is the reward; none other is needed nor better."

No comments: