Sunday, August 10, 2008

Family Reunion and Campin' with the Kids

This past weekend we were campin' with the fam. All the cousins and their kids on my dad's side of the family got together at Crystal Springs in Honeyville, Ut. Only one side of my family has any cousins so it is always a treat for me to go camping with the cousins that I do have. It is only in recent years that I started to become close to them. It all started with Sunday family dinners at Aunt Cindy's house and progressed from there.

This is the first year that I have "had" someone, if you know what I mean, and so fit into the grown up crowd. Of course Todd was out of town on business and so it was just me and the kids. That didn't matter though. I have finally ranked into the higher echelons of adulthood. I didn't realize that all that meant was keeping an eye on all the children and bringing my own food to cook.

We all had a blast, though. Two days and hours of swimming in the sun later we have returned with a little more color (although we tried hard not to burn), a little more tired and with a few new friends.

2 comments:

Denae said...

Sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Becky said...

It sounds like everyone is fitting together nicely. I can;t wait to see you in your wedding gown. I get in late Thursday night, let me know if you need any help.